Nuts Rava Upma
An Authentic rava upma enriched with peanuts, cashews and bengal gram
- Rava (Coarse) - 1 cup
- onion - 1 small
- green chili- 2 medium
- ginger - a small piece (optional)
- bengal gram - 3 tea spoons
- peanut- 3 tea spoons
- cashews- 2 tea spoons
- mustard seeds- 1/2 tea spoon
- urad daal- 1 tea spoon
- curry leaves- a few
- Oil- 3 to 4 tea spoons
- ghee- 1 tea spoon(optional)
- salt- as per taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
In a kadai/pan heat 3 tea spoon of oil, when it is ready, add bengal gram and peanuts and fry for a min,
When they are turning into golden brown color, add mustard seeds , urad dal, cashews and curry leaves one by one.
Once the mustard seeds are popped, add the finely chopped, onions, ginger, and green chilies
saute it until the onions turn golden brown.(I do not like onions so i cook them well, if you like to bite onions you don't need to let it to golden brown.)
Add the rava to this mix and start roasting it in medium flame.Add salt to it
In another vessel, measure 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. (simmer flame)
roast the rava until the water starts boiling which takes approx 7 to 8 mins.
Now add the boiled water to the roasted rava and mix well without lumps in simmer flame.
when rava is cooked, add a teaspoon of ghee and switch off the flame.
Serve with sugar/coconut chutney/ curd.
1.If you like a moisture upma add 2 and 1/2 cups of water. for fluffy upma 2 cups are sufficient.
2. The more you roast the rava, the more fluffy the upma will be.
3. Drink more water when you in-take upma varieties.
4. you can increase or decrease the quantity of nuts per your choice.
You'll also love
- pizza 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach Dip 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Beefy Cheese Ball in 15... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Mexican Spiced Hot Cocoa 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 4.3/5 (219 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Yorkshire Pudding 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Philadelphia Cheese Ball with... 4.8/5 (80 Votes)
- Snake gourd Raitha 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!