Hawaiian Specialty at home
- 1 large chicken breast
- cut in half like a cutlet
- -- Breading --
- 1 cup brown flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggie weggies
- canola oil
- -- Katsu Sauce --
- 1/2 cup worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- corn starch
- 2-3 dash tabasco sauce (if you dont like heat dont add)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Sift together the breading ingredients into a large bowl
Break the eggie weggies into a seperate large bowl and whisk them together
Pour the canola oil into a fry pan about 1 inch high
Run the chicken in the eggie weggie wash, then to the breading, back in the eggie weggie wash, then back into the breading.
Place the chicken into the fry pan and cook til crispy on both sides, do not overcook or the juices wont be locked in and it could become dry.
Place the chicken on a plate and pour desired amount of sauce over top
The Katsu sauce makes a bowl full of sauce so you will have left over. Reduce desired amount in the ingredients.
For the corn starch mix with water and add desired amount into sauce for thickness.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.5/5 (213 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.2/5 (239 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Chicken Cabbage Soy Noodles 3.2/5 (153 Votes)
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.