This is a typically north Indian receipe. Extremely light weight an tasty. Perfect for the days when you really need to be light on your stomach.
- 1. 3 Big Potatoes. Boiled and sliced into big pieces.
- 2. 1/2 bowl whole milk curd
- 3. Chilly pwdr, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt - all to taste
- 4. a pich hing (asefoteda)
- 5. Cumin seeds/ mustard seed -any
- 6.1 tbsp white oil-any
- 7.1/2 bowl Onion chopped (optional)
- 8. Chopped Green chilly optional
- 9.Chopped ginger optional
- 6.Few cilantro leaves to garnish
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Take oil in a pan over a stove. when the oil os hot, add cumin/mustard seed.
2. when the seeds sputters, add asefoteda, and the chillies and onions.
4. When onions turn golder brown add boild potato pieces and mix.
5. Cook till potatoes looks mashy.
6. add salt , turmeric, chilly powder and corainder powder.
7. Continue cooking for sometime.
8. Blend the curd with 1/2 glass water seperately and keep ready while the potatoes cook.
9. When the potatoes turn a il brown, add the curd.
10. Keep churning so that the curd does not leave water, till the curd starts boiling.
11. Add a lil more salt if required.
12. Allow 3-4 more boils.
13. The dish is ready to be served.
14. Garnish with cilantro
This can be add with any kind of Indian bread specially whole wheat breads roti/chapati. Also tastes good with plain white rice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!