Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cookie Cake
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter , cut up
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 12 OREO Cookies , coarsely crushed
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round cake layers. Cool in pans 5 min. Invert onto wire racks; remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
Microwave chocolate and butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until smooth, stirring every 30 sec. Let stand 5 min. or until thickened.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Stir in COOL WHIP and cookie crumbs with whisk. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Top with chocolate glaze. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!