moms famous Rum cake
- cake= 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 18 1/2 oz pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 3 3/4 oz instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup dark rum (80 proof)
- glaze=1/4 lb butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark rum (80 proof)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
pre heat oven to 325. grease and flour 10'' tube or bunt pan.
melt butter in sauce pan
stir in water and sugar
boil 5 min stirring constantly
remove from heat & stir in rum
sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan
mix all ingredients together
pour batter over nuts
bake one hr.
invert on serving plate & prick top
drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over top and sides allow cake to absorb glaze
repeat until all glaze is used up
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!