- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Rice (white
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 (10 ounce) can Tomatoes
- 2 tspn Chili Powder
- 1 tspn Salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a skillet over med heat. Saute rice, onion, and bell pepper until rice browns and onions tender.
Stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder and salt. Cover, simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice cooked and liquid absorbed.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (168 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (65 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (109 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (169 Votes)
- Spanish Corn cakes with tomato and... 3.7/5 (78 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!