Magic Cookie Bars
- 2 cups (500 mL) graham wafer crumbs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) melted butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand Regular or Low Fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) flaked coconut
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Combine graham crumbs with butter and cinnamon; press evenly onto parchment-lined 13 x 9" (3.5 L) baking pan.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb crust. Sprinkle with pecans, chocolate chips and coconut; press down firmly.
Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool thoroughly and cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
The Magic Cookie Bar – the most famous and popular Eagle Brand recipe – was invented in the 1960’s as the “Hello Dolly.”
You'll also love
- Date Squares 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Rose petal cookies 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Apple Gorganzala Salad (copycat... 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- krispy brownie delights 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Balls 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Things 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!