Roasted Cauliflower & Whipped Goat Cheese
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- 2 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces feta
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for serving
- Coarse sea salt (for serving) *I used Pink Himalayan Salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Adapted from thefrontporchgourmet.wordpress.com
Preheat oven to 475°. Bring wine, oil, kosher salt, juice, butter, red pepper flakes, sugar, bay leaf, and 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, until a knife easily inserts into center, 15-20 minutes.
Using 2 slotted spoons or a mesh spider, transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet, draining well. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, until brown all over, 30-40 minutes.
While cauliflower is roasting, blend goat cheese, cream cheese, feta, cream, and 2 tablespoons oil in a food processor until smooth. Season with sea salt. Transfer whipped goat cheese to a serving bowl and drizzle with oil.
Transfer cauliflower to a plate. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with whipped goat cheese.
DO AHEAD: Whipped goat cheese can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Cauliflower with cheesesauce 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Baked Cauliflower with Buffalo... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower 3.6/5 (29 Votes)
- PB & J Cheesecake 3/5 (22 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Ravioli Filling 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic & Cherry Tomatoes 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
- PC Roasted 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Split Pea Soup 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!