Gluten Free Shrimp
- 24 large shrimps
- 2 cups flour (a mixture of arrowroot flour, chickpea flour and rice flour)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of masala powder
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of chili powder
- water or milk to moisten the batter, as needed
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Make the batter by mixing the flour with the egg yolks and spices. Add a little water or milk to achieve a pancake-batter consistency.
In a separate bowl, whip the eggs whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks. Fold into the rest of the batter.
Dip each shrimp in the batter, excluding the tail.
In a hot pan, heat oil until very hot. Dip each shrimp into the oil, and turn once, until completely cooked.
Serve with a spicy salsa or on top of rice.
You'll also love
- Sole and Roasted Vegetables 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Salt & Cumin Roast Chicken 3.7/5 (59 Votes)
- Land and Sea Soufflé 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Uluntha vadai 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- FRIED MUSHROOMS 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- home made chinese shrimp and... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Baby's Mashed Potatoes and... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Gluten Free Pancakes 3/5 (38 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.