Blueberry Ricotta Strudel
Flaky crispy sweet puff pastry surrounds this Italian fluffy ricotta filling studded with bursting fresh blueberries.
- 1 pkg. defrosted puff pastry
- flour for rolling
- 1/2 pkg cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 container fresh washed blueberries
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Roll out the puff pastry to a
12" x 16" rectangle, approx.
Use 2 sheets of wax paper sprinkled lightly with flour. Refrigerate until needed. Add cheese and sugar to a bowl and whip. Gently fold in the berries, set aside.
using elbow grease or a mixer
Cut 1 1/2" W x 2"L slits all along the dough.
Make sure they match on the other side.
Place filling neatly down the center.
Brush the edges with the beaten egg and water.
Fold over the ends to cover filling.
Begin to braid the slits covering the filling.
Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Wrap with one sheet of the used wax paper.
Refrigerate to allow the pastry to harden so it puffs well in the oven.
A minimum of 1hr or freeze it.
Bake in a preheated hot 375F oven for
30-45 min until golden brown on top.
As you roll peel back the sheet and flip and peel the underside. This allows the dough to spread quickly.
You'll also love
- Ginger Crinkles 4.8/5 (61 Votes)
- Tomato Tart 4.8/5 (55 Votes)
- Holiday Chicken Roulade with... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Autumn Salad 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Nuts 'N Bolts Party Mix 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- deviled eggs 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Starlight Brownie Pie with... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Amp up your bruschetta, with a flavorful French twist!
- 3/4 Cup of blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup of cream cheese
- Green peas (cooked)
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Slices prosciutto
- Mix together the blue cheese and cream cheese.
- Spread onto toast.
- Top with green peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto.
Review this recipe