Vegetarian Tart recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: French Strawberry Mille Feuille
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Vegetarian Tart recipes
broccoli and blue cheese tart
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- 1 puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb of fresh broccoli
- 5 oz bacon
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 cups Roquefort
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese (optional but so much better!)
- 5 peppercorns (no need salt)
Tofu tart with arugula
Preheat oven to 375 Important: the cooking is done in two stages
- puff pastry
- 5 cups arugula
- 12 oz fresh tofu
- 1 ball of mozzarella in its liquid
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!