10 filling breakfast ideas that are low in calories
The English breakfast
To boost your metabolism first thing in the morning, try a light version of the classic British fry-up. Make scrambled eggs instead of fried. Choose a slice of Canadian ham over bacon or sausages. Opt for low-sodium baked beans. Replace hash browns with sauteed tomatoes and mushrooms. Serve with 2 slices of multi-grain toast and a glass of freshly squeezed OJ. And there you have a full English breakfast with half the calories.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!