Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken Chili
The transition into the Fall season & the cooler, crisp weather, beginning of the fluffy, white stuff we call snow falling from the sky… it all means that it’s the perfect time to make a batch of comforting & belly warming chili… with a bit of Mexican flare. This crock-pot recipe is healthy, tasty, & so easy! A great one to freeze for later too!
- 1 1/4 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion
- 126 g Celery
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 12 oz Diced Tomatoes (original)
- 10 oz Enchilada Sauce (mild)
- 113 g Fire-roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 432 g Whole Kernel Corn – No Salt Added
- 16 oz Light Red Kidney Beans
- 16 oz Reduced Sodium Pinto Beans
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 420mins
Cost Average budget
Spray the inside of a crock pot with non-stick spray, then place the chicken breasts at the bottom, followed by the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, spices, beans, corn, chopped celery, chopped onion, & chiles.
Cover & cook on low heat for about 7-8 hours.
Once finished cooking, remove chicken breasts & shred with forks, then return to crock pot & mix to evenly distribute.
Optional – Top with a tbsp of fat free plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1119 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.1/5 (251 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4.2/5 (114 Votes)
- Situ's Bathroom Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.2/5 (135 Votes)
- Dannielle's Chicken with Green... 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ready to try these quick and tasty smashed potato cakes?
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Sour cream
- Boil and drain the potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with parsley, minced garlic, cilantro, shredded cheese and milk.
- Mash the mixture thoroughly.
- Shape into palm-sized balls, then flatten on a sheet pan
- Put in oven for 20 min at 355° F
- Layer, spreading generously with sour cream
- Garnish, and enjoy!