Chicken Apple Chorizo Soup
This is an easy & super tasty recipe that you can make in the crock-pot. I know this may sound like a bit of an odd combination, but trust me, it is SO good!! The chorizo adds a nice hint of spice & the apples are hardly noticeable once it’s done… they do add a hint of sweetness though. It’s a really nice balance.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 32 oz. fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 c yellow onion, chopped
- Approx. 3 stalks (193g) celery, chopped
- 3 medium carrots (268g), sliced into “coins”
- 3 small (430g) fuji apples, chopped
- 2 Chorizo sausages, sliced into “coins” (I used Klement’s)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Add chicken broth, water, vinegar, & spices to the crock pot & stir.
Add chopped veggies, then chicken breast.
Add the remainder of the ingredients, cover, & cook on high for about 3-4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours.
Let cool slightly, then divide into 6 servings & freeze, or serving immediately. Freezes great & re-heats easily for a quick healthy lunch/dinner in a pinch.
You'll also love
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.7/5 (74 Votes)
- Dannielle's Chicken with Green... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Nana's Chicken Dumpling Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Fried Chicken with Paprika 3/5 (311 Votes)
- Chorizo and Peppers Wraps 3.9/5 (35 Votes)
- bbq meatballs 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Mrs. Cheney's Apple Knobby Cake 3.2/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.