Korean Style Garlic Chicken Wings
My version of the famous Bon Chon Chicken wings. I double fry the wings and toss them in my soy garlic sauce. You can make a spicy version too.
- 1 LB. Chicken Wings
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 cups of oil
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 5 cloves of Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
- 1 Green Onion, Chopped for Garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seed (Optional)
- Shredded Lettuce for Garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut chicken wings into 3 parts-chicken drumette, wing, and wing tip. Save the wing tip for use in stock. Wash and pat dry with paper towels. Place the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a big resealable Ziploc bag. Mix thoroughly. Place the chicken in the flour mixture and shake to coat.
Put oil in a heavy dutch oven and heat on high heat to 350 degrees F. Place the coated chicken into the oil and fry until lightly brown, do not overcrowd the pot, fry in batches if needed. Once they are light brown, about 6-8 minutes place them on a paper lined paper to drain.
3. Make the sauce. In a heavy saucepan, place soy sauce, sesame oil, chopped garlic, honey, rice wine vinegar, sriracha (if using). Heat on medium high heat stirring frequently. Heat until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Take off the stove.
Reheat the oil to 350 degrees F. Place the chicken wings back into the oil and fry until golden, crispy brown, and cooked all the way, about 10-12 minutes more. Place them on a paper lined plate to drain.
Place the chicken wings in the sauce and toss to coat all over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using.
Place shredded lettuce on a plate. Place the chicken wings ontop of the lettuce. Garnish with green onions. Serve Immediately.
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Sriracha Buffalo Wings 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pot Pie 3.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Chili Lime Chick'n 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Turnip ka bharta ( Seasoned mashed... 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Sautéed Lamb with Garlic 3.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Chicken with Shiitake Mushrooms 3.4/5 (93 Votes)
- Korean Style Spinach with... 3.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Oriental Salad 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!