Quick, Creamy Potato Soup
- 8 slicesbacon
- 1 cupchopped onion
- 4 cupscubed potatoes
- 2 (10.75 ounce) canscondensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cupsmilk
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoondried dill weed
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
1.In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, and set aside. Drain all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat from the pan.
2.Brown onions in bacon fat over medium heat.
3.Add potatoes, and enough water to cover. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4.Stir together soup and milk until smooth; add to potato mixture. Heat, but do not boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in dill weed. Crumble bacon; stir in just before serving soup, or sprinkle on top to garnish.
You'll also love
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (360 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf 3.4/5 (228 Votes)
- Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Fish Chowder 4/5 (36 Votes)
- Clam chowder 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy, Creamy Potato Soup 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Potato Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Super Bowl Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!