Roasted Halibut with Tomato Curry Sauce
We especially like how the mango chutney complements all the flavors!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp mild Indian curry pate
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 4 pieces halibut
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 C chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 C chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 C vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 C coconut milk
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine 2 tbsp oil, curry paste and ginger in a small bowl. Place halibut in a metal baking dish and brush curry paste mixture over fish. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in coriander and cumin and cook 1 more minute. Add cayenne, tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add coconut milk and mango chutney and simmer 10 minutes longer.
Puree sauce using an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in chopped coriander.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season halibut with salt and roast for 10-15 minutes or until white juices appear and the fish is cooked.
To serve, spoon sauce in center of a serving plate, top with halibut and add Cauliflower Rice Pilaf on the side.
You'll also love
- Holiday Chicken Roulade with... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Apricot Cranberry Chutney 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Apple Chutney 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Seafood chutney 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Salmon steaks with cream leeks 4.7/5 (98 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken in Salt Crust with Garlic... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Rosemary Honey Sweet Potato Goodies 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ginger is a delicious spice, but it can be hard to peel it without wasting. In this video we show you a quick trick to peel ginger like a pro, minus the waste!