This is my own personal recipe. It's better than any stuffed peppers I've ever tried!
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1/4 LB Ground Beef
- 1/4 LB Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 dash of Salt
- 1 dash of Pepper
- 1 Cup any flavor Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Instant White Rice
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Wash peppers. Carefully remove tops from peppers, extending around a half inch to inch beyond pepper stem. Remove cap and insides of pepper. Rinse and set aside.
Place a nonstick pan on stovetop at medium high heat. Brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain grease, splash with water, and return to heat. Add dry seasonings to beef and stir until combined.
Pour seasoned beef in large bowl and then place Italian sausage in pan to cook until well done.
Prepare instant rice according to instructions.
Once sausage is cooked and rice is finished, place both in bowl with beef. Add as much or as little rice as you'd like and add tomato sauce and additional seasonings to taste. Stir well.
Line a glass baking dish with aluminum foil and begin to layer your peppers: 1st layer- cheese, 2nd layer- meat and rice mixture, 3rd layer- cheese. Continue layering and packing the peppers until completely filled. Do not place cheese on top yet.
Prop peppers in glass dish (use leftover rice to prepare a bed for peppers) and place in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or longer. Sprinkle tops with additional cheese 5 minutes before removing from oven.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!