Bacon Wrapped Filet
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 (8oz.) beef tenderloin filet stakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 450. Wrap one piece of bacon around each filet steak and secure the bacon with a toothpick. Sprinkle both sides generously with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
When the butter is melted and sizzling place the steaks in the pan and sear for about 30 seconds. Using tongs to turn the filets over to the other side than place the skillet in oven for 3 minutes for medium rare. Remove from skillet to plate let rest 3 to 4 minutes. Serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!