Fish Curry in a Wok
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1 small turnip
- 1/2 celeriac root
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound of white fish
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 large can of coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- a pinch of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt and pepper
- chilli powder (according to taste)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Wash, peel and cut all of the vegetables into small pieces.
Add the oil to a hot wok, and cook the vegetables on high heat for 3 minutes.
Add the water, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
When the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy, add the fish, spices, salt and pepper and coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
Garnish with the spring onions and fresh cilantro.
Serve on top of white rice.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Stuffing Casserole 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Individual meat loafs 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Butter Chicken 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Milagai podi(variation) 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Rhubarb and Red Apple Puree 3.6/5 (108 Votes)
- Tilapia with mango salsa 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Healthy chicken nuggets 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Tony's Fish 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.