Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cake
- 6 oz or 170g of Camino dark chocolate + 7 leftover squares
- cup coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- ¼ + cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut icing sugar (I just used regular coconut sugar and ground it up in a coffee grinder)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 7 ramekins
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Adapted from healthyeatingandliving.ca
Preheat oven to 450F.
Melt the Camino chocolate and the mix with the coconut oil.
In a different bowl, beat the eggs, then mix in the melted chocolate, vanilla and coconut oil.
Add the flours and coconut sugar and mix well.
Brush the ramekins with some coconut oil, and then pour in the batter.
Carefully place 1 square of dark chocolate in the center and move ramekin around so that it covers the piece of chocolate.
Bake for 8 or 9 minutes.
Serve with vanilla or coconut ice cream.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.2/5 (409 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.8/5 (217 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
- Turmeric Hot Chocolate 5/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Gluten Free Pancakes 3/5 (38 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!