Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
Restaurant style fresh, creamy and a healthy soup that can be served Hot or Cold as per liking. It's liked by all age group because of it's palatable taste.
- 3 Medium Red Bell
- 2 Medium Orange Bell Pepper – Optional – Substitute with 2 more red pepper
- 1 Large White Onion – Thickly Chopped – It will all be sautéed and blended
- 4 Garlic Cloves – Chopped
- ½ Sprig Dry Thyme – You can use fresh thyme or rosemary or completely skip this step
- 1 Can Vegetable Broth (14oz) – You can use any broth or plain water
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil – You may use any flavorless oil of choice
- 1 Tbsp Butter – Any butter is fine
- 1 Tsp White Vinegar – Optional (This is to give it a tangy taste)
- 2 Bay Leaf
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt – As per taste
- Cheese to Decorate - Optional
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut and deseed the peppers, drizzle with 3 tbsp of oil and roast for 30min in the oven and put on broil for 3min.
Once the peppers are roasted, turn off the oven and place the peppers over ice. (This sudden change in temperature will help remove the burnt skin/peel quickly)
Peel all the roasted peppers and place on a plate
Now heat oil in a large pan, add bay leaf, onion and garlic.
Saute over lower to medium heat till onions become slightly translucent or brown.
Now add roasted peppers, thyme, salt, black pepper and saute for 2 min.
Add broth/water and vinegar, give it a quick stir and cover with lid and cook over low heat for 10min.
After 10min (the veggies would have cooked well and you’ll get a sweet aroma) switch off the heat and let the mixture cool completely.
Blend this mixture to a smooth consistency and sieve for any extra pulp/fiber.
Heat butter in a pan, pour the blended soup and give it one boil and turn off the heat.
Serve this soup hot or cold.
This soup can be made 1-2days in advance and stored in fridge.
If you would like to store it for more days or keep extra, then freeze and use within 2weeks.
You'll also love
- Simple Green Smoothie (Green... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Cottage Cheese Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken & Mushrooms Dressed in Red 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Country Minestrone Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!