Yes, you can actually cool down with soup. Here's how.
Salmorejo is the cousin to gazpacho. It's only made with tomatoes and bread, and the beauty of this soup is that it only takes 5 minutes! Simply toss 1 pound of tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 1 loaf of stale French bread, 1 cup of olive oil and a tablespoon of vinegar into the blender then mix until smooth. Chill for an hour or two or serve immediately at room temperature. Top with hard-boiled egg, croutons and cured ham.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!