Our best cruton recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Top rated Cruton recipes
Grandma's Caesar Salad
This Caesar Salad recipe is made extra special with the addition of Worcestershire sauce!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 halved garlic clove
- 1/3 cup oil (75ml)
- 1 cup french bread cubes with crusts removed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 anchovy filets (drained and chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
10 superfoods you should sneak into your diet now
By Déborah Deprez
Find out why you need to stealthily incorporate these 10 superfoods into your everyday diet!
Chicken and Rice Casserole with Peas
Mix ingredients. Bake in 9 X 18” pan at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes
- 2-3 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery or frozen peas
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2-4 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Milk to moisten if needed
- 2-6 chopped boiled eggs
These 10 natural fat burners will turn your metabolism to full-throttle
Natural solutions are the best way to go
Baked Cheese Balls
Cut string cheese into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 pack string cheese
- 1 bag Italian croutons crushed
- skim milk