Pumpkin Veggie Chili
This is a great Fall comfort food recipe that you can make in your crock-pot. It's healthy, filling, & so good!! I adapted it from a Hungry Girl recipe & this has been a go-to for me each year. It's amazing topped with some low-fat cheese or greek yogurt. Freezes well too!!
- 1 can (425g) pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 extra large can (794g) crushed tomatoes (no salt added if available)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp ground red pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 bag (340g) frozen shelled edamame
- 1 medium yellow onion (about 340g)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (about 126g)
- 1 medium zucchini (about 190g)
- 1-1/4c white mushrooms (about 170g)
- 1 can (425g) reduced sodium black beans
- *optional* topping of fat-free shredded mozzarella or Greek yogurt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Wash & chop the onion, zucchini, pepper, & mushrooms, then set aside.
2. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, garlic, and all the seasonings to the crock pot. Mix well.
3. Add beans and all the veggies. Stir thoroughly.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Blackkk Bean Humus 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Dannielle's Chicken with Green... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Southwestern Hot and Spicy Chili... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- VEGGIE PIZZA 3/5 (21 Votes)
- Cabbage pakora 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies 2.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Guinea fowl with pumpkin and cumin 3.2/5 (379 Votes)
- Mom’s Best Apple Dump Cake 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!