Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- 1 29-oz can sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- About 3 cups marshmallows
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 22mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mash sweet potatoes from the can in a large bowl. I used a fork, but if you have a potato masher you could use that.
Add brown sugar, butter, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Mix well.
Put sweet potato mixture into an 8x8 casserole dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Add marshmallows to the top of the casserole and bake in the oven until melted and browned on top.
You'll also love
- Mexican Tortilla Lasagna 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- The Best Homemade Thanksgiving... 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Steak Casserole 3.2/5 (138 Votes)
- Classic Turkey Pot Pie 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Baby/ Kid friendly Autumn Soup 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Ginger and Sweet Potato Puree 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Creamy of Butternut Soup 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Veal Sausages with Sweet Potatoes... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!