This is a vegetarian clam chowder.
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 celery sticks
- 6 slices of vegan ham
- 2 potatoes
- 7 mushrooms
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 3 cups soymilk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 green onions
- sliced for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Make a roux with margarine, flour, and nutritional yeast.
Caramelize onion, mushrooms, and ham. Add potatoes and celery, cook 10 min.
Add all ingredients to the roux. Cook 20 minutes. Top with green onions to serve.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (206 Votes)
- Vegetable Puree 3.1/5 (205 Votes)
- Traditional Sage Stuffing 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Fish Chowder 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Curry Potato & Pea Stew 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Leek & Potato Soup 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Clams 3.9/5 (42 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!