- 1 lb tilapia fillets, rinsed and pat dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 5-inch white corn tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory Fiber & Flax)
- 1 medium haas avocado, sliced
- lime wedges and cilantro for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic
Place tilapia on top of onion mixture and cook until it because flakey and break apart
Add jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the fish with the spoon to get everything mixed well
Serve with your favorite taco fixings!
You'll also love
- Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Tacos 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Wild Rice and Broccoli Cassarole 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Fish Chowder 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Taco Pie 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Tenderloin Marinade 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Chorizo & Eggs 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Butter and Herbs 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.