Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Wet Ingredients:
- - ¾ cup apple sauce
- - ¼ cup maple syrup
- - 2 tsp vanilla
- - 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Dry Ingredients:
- - 1 cup brown rice flour
- - ½ cup quinoa flour
- - 1 tsp baking soda
- - ½ cup blueberries
- - ½ cup dairy free choc chips
- - pinch of sea salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from healthyeatingandliving.ca
Preheat your oven to 300F.
Melt the coconut slowly in a small pot on the stove-top.
In a bowl, mix the flours and the baking soda.
In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together except for the coconut oil.
Blend the wet and dry mixtures together.
Slowly fold in the chocolate chips and blueberries.
Gently mix in the coconut oil until it's fully incorporated.
Line a baking tray or cookie sheet with parchment paper, then drop 1 tablespoon of batter onto the sheet.
Fill the tray until your batter is finished, then bake for 18-20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Yogurt Cream Dessert 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING (stovetop method) 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Brasted's Sugar Cookies 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Tea Biscuits 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Turtles 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Trail mix 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Soft and Chewy Chipit Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!