Black Bean Beet Burgers
Combine fresh roasted beets, black beans and brown rice – top it with avocado and a side of greens and you have a nutrient dense meal that can easily be made ahead of time and frozen for future meals as well.
- 1 cup dry black beans, cooked or 1 15.5oz can canned beans, drained
- ¾ cup dry brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cooked red beets, shredded
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 3 tbs water
- 2 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Adapted from oatandsesame.com
Cook beets, black beans (if not using canned) and brown rice - all separately.
When the black beans are cooked and tender, mash them in a large bowl.
Gently mix in all the other ingredients until incorporated. The mixture will be slightly sticky and have a lot of texture, not smooth.
Divide the mixture into the size and amount of burgers desired. Flatten them to an even consistency.
Lay the burgers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for approx. 10 minutes at 350.
At this point you can freeze them for future meals or fry them on the stove in a griddle pan with a little olive oil until the sides are crisp and griddle lines form on each side. A few minutes per side.
Top with avocado, salt, pepper, salsa...anything you would like - it's your burger!
You'll also love
- Creamy Irish Colcannon 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Holiday Chicken Roulade with... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Burritos 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- VEGAN CRAB LIKE CAKES 4/5 (7 Votes)
- VEGAN LAMB SEITAN 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Jack's Favourite Banana Pancakes 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ White Chicken Chili 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegetable Burgers 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.