Our favorite rice pilaf recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Top rated Rice pilaf recipes
Shrimp stir fry
A yummy combination of shrimp, bacon, rice, mushrooms & vegetables
- 2 pkg. Green Giant fozen rice pilaf (with mushrooms
- rice carrots & peas)
- 1/2 c. celery
- 1/2 c. green pepper
- 1/2 c. onion
- 1 pkg peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 4 tblsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
Cook your rice like this, and slash its calories in half
By Pascale Weeks
Find out how preparing rice a certain way can lower its glycemic index and majorly cut calories!
ut the meat into cubes. Add into the cooking pot with olive oil
- 1 lb pork
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 c rice
- olive oil
Cheese dreams are made of these: Suppli al telefono (Mozzarella risotto balls)
By Silvia Santucci
Phone your friends and pass on the scrumptious recipe!!! It's way TOO YUM to pass up!!!
Chef Phil's rice pilaf
saute the onions in butter until transparent
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 stick butter
Nana's Rice pilaf
Here's another rice dis I know you'll be looking for as easy as it is I don't think one of you has ever actually wa...
- I largest box of Swanson chicken Broth 64oz I think
- I box UNCLE BENZ Converted Rice ( wont work with out it!)
- 1 bag ultra thin egg noodles
- 1 stick butter
Easy-Peasy Rice Salad
This recipe is perfect for no-fuss work lunches or as an easy, refreshing side to your main dish. Follow our step-by-step recipe now!
Jenny's Dirty Rice
2cups of rice,2 lbs ground beef/turkey,your choice,1lb ground pork,2 large onions chopped,1 bell pepper chopped, 1c...
- 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- ground turkey is healthier
- 1lb ground park
- 1can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of celery
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1 large can of chicken broth are if available fresh chicken stock.1 bell pepper chopped
- seasoning of choice I prefer Tony's but if not available salt pepper will do. 2 cups of rice.