The best vegetarian leeks recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Vegetarian leeks recipes
Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup
Creamy leek and potato soup makes a savory snack for a cold afternoon, a light lunch or dinner with some crusty bre...
- 3 large leeks
- white parts only
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 2 crushed garlic buds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of milk
- either low fat
- 1% or 2% depending on the thickness of the soup you prefer;
Potato and Leek Soup
Vichyssoise it sounds so fancy, but it’s really just a tasty, filling, and inexpensive soup that only has 5 prima...
- 6-10 potatoes (depending on size)
- peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 8 leeks
- thoroughly washed and sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- roughly chopped
- 2 carrots
- 1-2 chopped yellow onions
- Cooking oil to sauté
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 – 1 ½ quarts chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks (about 2 small stalks - white and pale green parts only)
- 1 8-ounce container sliced crimini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves - pressed
- 2 1/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 4 cups (or more) vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale (about 8 ounces) - trimmed - center stalks removed - leaves coarsely chopped (about 8 cups packed)