20-minute (or less) appetizers to make your life easier
Toss the apron, and get dressed to impress. It takes 20 minutes to whip up these trendy apps so you have more time to enjoy your guests!
1/15 View slideshow
Crunchy goat cheese bites
Here’s a no-bake recipe, the only one you will ever need if you're entertaining in a pinch. Mix goat cheese with crushed almonds or hazelnuts or finely chopped candied fruits. Shape into bite-size balls and roll them in grated coconut or in fresh herbs, paprika or crushed pistachios. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
More steaming articles
10 foods for a brighter smile 8 hacks to save water when you're... The 10 best fruits for your figure
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Comment on this article