low fat version "okroshka"
this is a great chilled summertime soup I remember my grandma and mother used to make, they added boiled cubes of ham and used whole buttermilk, but I am omitting those for a healthier version,I absolutley love this soup on a warm summer day!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 4 potatoes (chopped)
- 3-4 stalks green onions
- 1 small bunch dill
- 2-3 radishes
- 8 cups light buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream fat free
- salt ( optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil eggs and potatoes until done. Cool and peel. Finely chop all solid ingredients. Mix and salt to taste.
Add the liquid and serve chilled ( for about 2 hours in fridge) and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli, Cheese and Potato Soup 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Strawberries Wild 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Warming Leftover Chicken Soup 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy moist chocolate cake 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Mini Mulberry Pies 3.2/5 (19 Votes)
- My Potato Salad 2.7/5 (18 Votes)
- The Best Potato Salad 3.1/5 (42 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!