Any Day April Fools Day Buffalo Wings
By Culinary One
Do most members of your family shun the word broccoli? Does saying it have to come with the tagline “c’mon… eat it, it’s good for you!” ?
Well then, here’s a sure fire way to make your family go vegetarian without them knowing it! This truly healthy buffalo kind curbs the cholesterol and saturated fat content without sacrificing the fiery taste. They’ll be twisting and shouting their way to fired up palates while you sit back in guilt free pleasure.
By substituting your standard chicken wing with our nutrient rich broccoli you’ve veered away and gratefully said no thank you to the bad cholesterol from red meat and chicken skin. Broccoli is low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is packed with Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate and Manganese.
Furthermore, this recipe is oven baked and not deep-fried. Plus! We’ve opted to use lots of Olive Oil instead of your usual vegetable oil, because olive oil simply tastes better and is good for your skin and your heart. Olive oil won’t clog your arteries and is rich in vitamin E and the all-essential antioxidants; responsible for blocking the creepy free radicals we encounter everyday.
- You will need the following:
- 1-cup water or milk
- 1-cup flour
- 2-tsp. garlic powder
- 1-head of broccoli
- 1-tbsp olive oil
- 1-tbsp hot chili sauce
- Low fat Sour cream or blue cheese as dip (optional)
- Low lighting
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 26mins
Cost Average budget
First off, preheat your oven to 450°F.
While oven is pre-heating, make the batter by combining well in a bowl: water or milk with flour and garlic powder.
Piece apart the head of broccoli into bite sized pieces, and coat each piece with the batter above.
Bake for 18-minutes.
While broccoli is baking, make the buffalo sauce by combining olive oil & hot chili sauce in a small bowl.
After 18-minutes take the baked broccoli out and pour the buffalo sauce mixture over them and continue baking for an additional 5-8 minutes.
Serve up in low lighting alongside low fat sour cream or blue cheese dip
After they finish their plates, shout out HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!
You'll also love
- Eggplant Nuggets 3.6/5 (142 Votes)
- Vegetable Pot Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Sriracha Buffalo Wings 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Delicious Broccoli and Sunflower... 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Zucchini and blue cheese tart 3.9/5 (51 Votes)
- Cream of broccoli 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Thai Green Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- (Moong Dal-Quinoa-Oats)... 4/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!