Kung Pao Vegetables
Typical chinese dish
- Red capsicum1 small
- Yellow capsicum1 small
- Carrot 1 medium
- Cabbage1/4 small
- Broccoli separated into florets 1 small
- Green capsicum cut into 1 inch pieces 1 small
- Dried red chillies 5-6
- Oil4 tablespoons
- Spring onions chopped 2
- Ginger chopped 1 inch
- Garlic chopped 4-5 cloves
- Light soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli paste1 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup2 tablespoons
- Vegetable stock1 cup
- Cornflour/ corn starch 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar1 tablespoon
- Roasted peanuts1/4 cup
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cut red capsicum and yellow capsicum into 1 inch pieces. Cut carrot diagonally into 1 inch pieces. Cut cabbage into 1 inch square pieces. Cut red chillies into 4 pieces and remove seeds.
Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick wok, add carrot, red, yellow and green capsicums, broccoli and cabbage and toss on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Heat 2 tbsps oil in the wok. Chop spring onion bulbs into thick slices.
Add red chillies, onions, ginger and garlic to the wok and sauté. Add soy sauce, chilli paste, tomato ketchup and mix. Add ¾ cup stock and cook.
Mix cornflour in the remaining stock. Add salt to the sauce and mix. Add cornflour mixture and mix and cook till the sauce thickens.
Add vinegar and mix. Add roasted peanut and mix again.
Add cooked vegetables and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Banana Peanut Pudding Pie 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- cabbage salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Split Pea and Potato Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Family Favorite Fettucini 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Super Simple Meatloaf Recipe 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- My Simple Scalloped Potatoes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Jalepeno Popper Chicken 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!