Canning vegetables - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Top rated Canning vegetables recipes
bread and butter pickles
Combine cucumbers and peppers and onions in a large non-metalic pot and mix in salt and ice cubes
- 10 cups thinly sliced unpeeled cucumbers
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 large white onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pickling salt(coarse salt)
- 4 trays ice cubes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups white sugar
- 11/2 tsp each turmeric
- celery seed
- and mustard seed
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 can tomatoes with herbs and spices
- 6 squirts of hot sauce
- 1 tomato paste
- 1 squirt vinegar
- sprinkle of sugar
- shake of salt