Kitchen HACK: How To Cut Onions Without Crying
You probably haven't heard of this trick before...
It's time to put onion-crying to a definitive stop! Aren't you tired of your mascara running down your face every time you make dinner? So here's how to avoid crying the next time you cut an onion: simply peel the onion, cut a few incisions into it and microwave on high for 30 seconds. That way, it will release all the natural gas that makes you cry while it's in the microwave, and you'll be able to cut your onion, tear-free!
Want more genius kitchen hacks? We've got 99 right here!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!