10 knock-out desserts your kids can bring to school
These cute smiley-face cookies are a great way for your children to spread good vibes and share yummy treats at school.
Start by making the homemade shortbread biscuits. In a large bowl, pour 2 egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar. Stir together well, using a whisk. Add a pinch of salt and stir some more. Add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well until the dough obtains a gritty texture. Shape the dough into a ball, and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Roll the dough out to about a 1/2-cm thickness. Use a round cookie cutter to shape your biscuits. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350° F. Meanwhile, make the chocolate glaze filling. Heat 1/3 cup of liquid cream, remove from heat, and add 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped chocolate. Place in the refrigerator. Once the biscuits have cooled, spread one side of each with the chocolate glaze, and combine two together with the glaze-side in to make the final cookie. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees