Our best healthy rhubarb recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Top rated Healthy rhubarb recipes
Rhubarb and Red Apple Puree
For babies 6 months and older
- 1 cup of rhubarb stems
- 2 red apples
- 5 strawberries (for colour)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
5 Things To Do With a Sorbet Maker
Use your sorbet maker to make other unique desserts. Impress with your sorbet prowess.
Nana's Rhubarb Crisp
Combine ingredients for topping & set aside
- 3 cups cut up Rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 beaten Egg
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Flour
The Best Pies for Thanksgiving
looking for a thanksgiving dessert? Try one of our pie recipes
Strawberry Rhubarb Granita
Step One: Combine rhubarb with 1 cup water, sugar and salt in med size sauce pan cook over m
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh(frozen) rhubard
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or stevia for those afraid of the deathly white sugar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 cups fresh strawberries (hulled) about 2 450 gm tubs)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
Strawberry Rhubarb Soup with Thyme Crisps
By MademoiselleCuisine , blog Mademoiselle Cuisine
Wash and peel the rhubarb
- 16 oz rhubarb
- 16 oz strawberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 generous tbsp honey
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1.5 tbsp softened butter
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 rounds of pepper
- 2 pinches of salt
The 15 most artistic tarts and pies out there!
Pie dough seems to be the new canvas!
Strawberry Rhubarb SoupRecipewe ♡
By 750 International
Cut the ends off of the rhubarb and peel the stalks
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries
- 5 stalks of rhubarb
- a few verbena leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Sugar-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Cut up rhubarb and add everything together
- 7 c. rhubarb
- 1 can lite strawberry pie filling
- 4 c. Endulzante sweetener
- 1 pkg. sugar free strawberry jello