Easy chennai fish curry
- Mackerel / King Fish (whole) - 2
- Turmeric - 1 Tb spoon
- curry leaves - few
- Onion - 1
- chilly powder - 2 spoons
- peppercorns - 1/2 Tb spoon
- salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil /Sesame oil/Groundnut oil- 3 Tb spoon
- tomatoes - 2
- garlic cloves (whole peeled) - 5 no.s
- Tamarind (juice) - 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds - 1/2 spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 spoon
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)-1/2 cup
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Clean the fish and cut it into pieces.
2. Chop the onion and tomatoes.
3. Take a deep non-stick pan or clay pot vessel (maintains the flavour and aroma),in a medium flame add 3 tbsp of oil, curry leaves, cumin seeds,peppercorns, coriander seeds, garlic cloves and saute until aroma starts to come.
4. Add diced Onions to it , pinch of salt and saute until golden brown.
5. Then add diced tomatoes and saute it.
6. when the tomatoes gets dissolved, add turmeric powder and add chilly powder.
7. Reduce the flame to low heat and cook it until the oil separates from the above mixture.
8. Add tamarind juice to it and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Then add the pieces of fish to this curry mixture and cook for 10 minutes in a low flame.
10.Add required salt.
11. When the fish is cooked add thick coconut milk to this curry mixture and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
12. Rest it in low flame for another 10 minutes and sprinkle the coriander leaves on top of the fish curry.
fresh fish taste better than frozen ones and king fish and mackerel is a ideal choice.
You'll also love
- Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd &... 2.6/5 (217 Votes)
- Tortilla Taco Casserole 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Savories - Tikka Samosas 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- deviled eggs 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mashmallow-Filled cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Microwaved Chocolate Cake from my... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Rice 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.