Gluten Free Crab-cakes
- 12 oz crab meat (you can use wild crab from a tin and just add water)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of jalapeno
- finely diced
- with seeds
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1.5 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- 1.5 tablespoon Herbamare seasoning
- or seasoning of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from healthyeatingandliving.ca
Drain the crab then add to a large mixing bowl.
Wash and chop the vegetables, then add to the crab.
Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the coconut oil.
In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil on medium heat.
Shape the crab mixture into patties, then add to the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
Flip and then cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Top with a fresh salsa, like mango tomato salsa.
Makes 7 crab cakes, which serves 2-3 people.
You'll also love
- Lemon Pudding Poke Cake 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Rich Dundee Cake 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Sweet Cherry Tomato Salsa 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Classic Mini Stuffed Mushrooms 3/5 (111 Votes)
- Grandma's Butter Cookies 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Pepper Appetizers 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Crab Dip 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Matzah Pudding 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.