Gluten Free Raw Brownie
A gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, raw brownie recipe!
Gluten Free Raw Brownie. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup carob powder (if you don’t have this
- you could put another ¼ cacao powder)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from healthyeatingandliving.ca
In a food processor, pulse the almonds until they are chopped, but not a powder. Set aside.
Pulse the walnuts in the food processor until finely ground.
Add the coconut flakes, the cacao, carob (if you're using it) and keep blending.
Add the dates one by one with the processor still on.
Add the maple syrup and coconut oil.
Add the almonds and pulse a couple of times just to incorporate them.
Line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment paper, and press the brownie batter into the tray.
Freeze for 30 minutes.
It’s best to store the brownies in the freezer until about 30 min before eating them, and then just transfer them to the fridge. Otherwise, they tend to melt a bit. When you go to cut the brownies, it helps if they’re not rock hard frozen...let them melt a tiny bit. You may need to add a touch of coconut oil, depending on the texture. You want them to be crumbly, but you could easily press them into a ball or a brownie shape and they’d stick together.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Nuggets 3.7/5 (127 Votes)
- Coconut Protein Brownies 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Cinnamon Cookies 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cheese Pie 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Tomato Sauce 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- caulifolwer hot wing bites 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!