Picnic recipes - 15 recipes
Thinking about heading out on a picnic? We have a large selection of dishes perfect for your next picnic!
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Picnic recipes
Cut eggs in half. Scoop out yolks and place in small bowl
- Hard boiled eggs peeled
- Miracle whip or mayonaise
- Dash worcershire
- Finely chopped chives
These Meat-Stuffed Turkish Crepes Are Like Homemade Hot Pockets, But Better
By Nadia Paprikas
Try something a little different today and make meat-stuffed Turkish crepes to snack on when hunger strikes. Try our simple-step-by-step recipe!
St.Julien's Creamy Potato Salad
Classic potato salad with a twist
- 6-8 lg potatoes
- 3 chopped boiled eggs
- 1 lg chopped onion
- 4 dill pickles
- 4 tbsp on canola oil
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of pickle juice
12 Steps To The Perfect Italian-Style Pasta Salad
By Pascale Weeks
What's summer without pasta salad? Easy to take on-the-go for picnics or barbecues, this Italian-style recipe is your new best friend.
Peel eggs & cut in half lengthways
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
Food HACK: How To Make A Boozy Watermelon
5 minutes of prep... A whole afternoon of pleasure!
Russian Deviled Eggs with Caviar
By Gitanjali Roche
Slice the eggs in half. Scoop out the yolk, and mix in a bowl with the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and salt an...
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsbp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- To garnish:
- 2 ounces caviar
- chopped chives
Mom's Potato Salad
Boil potatoes until soft, then drain
- 1 pound of new potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 to 2 boiled eggs
- 4 slices of freshly cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- Half a cup of sour cream
Jess' Devilled Eggs
Hard boil eggs Peel eggs and slice in half Remove yolk Mix yolks with miracle whip Add mustard until desired ta
- Miracle Whip
- Yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper
Creamy Bell Pepper Pasta Salad
By CartoCreative, CartoCreative
In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain
- 1 package Rotini or Fusilli Pasta
- 1 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
Combine all into a bowl, mix with a fork
- 2 cups cabbage
- chopped by hand (can use green or red cabbage)
- ¼ cup red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/3 stalk of celery
- 2 radishes
- 1/3 cup carrot
- ¼ cup coleslaw dressing (or use mayonnaise
- milk & a bit of sugar)
- Dash of lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: Boil 6 eggs for 5 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup creamy garlic & cheese dip/dressing
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (optional)
More Picnic recipes
Lunch Pasta Salad
- box of tri colored rotini 1 package shredded cheese 1 package peperoni 1 c chopped lunchmeat of your choice 1 c fresh cauliflower chopped 1 c fresh broccoli chopped 1 c shredded carrots 1 can small black olives drained 1 small jar green olives drained 1 c cherry tomatoes 1-2 bottles zesty Italian dressing
Summer Fresh Cold Pasta Salad
- 1-1 1/2 bxs of spiral pasta
- 1 lg. Cucumber
- 1-2 tomatoes.
- 2 crowns of broccoli
- 1 onion and 1 green pepper. 1 btl. Italian dressing and 1/4 cup diced American cheese and 1/4 cup diced motzz cheese.
Tuna and Egg Macaroni Salad
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 onion (white or yellow) chopped
- Elbow pasta (1 box) cooked and cooled
- Sweet pickle (chopped) or sweet relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 a minced onion
- 1 head of finely chopped cabbage
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayo