Picnic recipes - 15 recipes
Thinking about heading out on a picnic? We have a large selection of dishes perfect for your next picnic!
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Top rated Picnic recipes
Cut eggs in half. Scoop out yolks and place in small bowl
- Hard boiled eggs peeled
- Miracle whip or mayonaise
- Dash worcershire
- Finely chopped chives
These Meat-Stuffed Turkish Crepes Are Like Homemade Hot Pockets, But Better
By Nadia Paprikas
Try something a little different today and make meat-stuffed Turkish crepes to snack on when hunger strikes. Try our simple-step-by-step recipe!
St.Julien's Creamy Potato Salad
Classic potato salad with a twist
- 6-8 lg potatoes
- 3 chopped boiled eggs
- 1 lg chopped onion
- 4 dill pickles
- 4 tbsp on canola oil
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of pickle juice
12 Steps To The Perfect Italian-Style Pasta Salad
By Pascale Weeks
What's summer without pasta salad? Easy to take on-the-go for picnics or barbecues, this Italian-style recipe is your new best friend.
Peel eggs & cut in half lengthways
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
100 No-Cook Recipes For Summer Heatwaves
When you just can't be bothered to turn on the oven or stove.
Russian Deviled Eggs with Caviar
By Gitanjali Roche
Slice the eggs in half. Scoop out the yolk, and mix in a bowl with the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and salt an...
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsbp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- To garnish:
- 2 ounces caviar
- chopped chives
Mom's Potato Salad
Boil potatoes until soft, then drain
- 1 pound of new potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 to 2 boiled eggs
- 4 slices of freshly cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- Half a cup of sour cream
Jess' Devilled Eggs
Hard boil eggs Peel eggs and slice in half Remove yolk Mix yolks with miracle whip Add mustard until desired ta
- Miracle Whip
- Yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper
Creamy Bell Pepper Pasta Salad
By CartoCreative, CartoCreative
In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain
- 1 package Rotini or Fusilli Pasta
- 1 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
Combine all into a bowl, mix with a fork
- 2 cups cabbage
- chopped by hand (can use green or red cabbage)
- ¼ cup red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/3 stalk of celery
- 2 radishes
- 1/3 cup carrot
- ¼ cup coleslaw dressing (or use mayonnaise
- milk & a bit of sugar)
- Dash of lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: Boil 6 eggs for 5 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup creamy garlic & cheese dip/dressing
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (optional)
More Picnic recipes
Lunch Pasta Salad
- box of tri colored rotini 1 package shredded cheese 1 package peperoni 1 c chopped lunchmeat of your choice 1 c fresh cauliflower chopped 1 c fresh broccoli chopped 1 c shredded carrots 1 can small black olives drained 1 small jar green olives drained 1 c cherry tomatoes 1-2 bottles zesty Italian dressing
Summer Fresh Cold Pasta Salad
- 1-1 1/2 bxs of spiral pasta
- 1 lg. Cucumber
- 1-2 tomatoes.
- 2 crowns of broccoli
- 1 onion and 1 green pepper. 1 btl. Italian dressing and 1/4 cup diced American cheese and 1/4 cup diced motzz cheese.
Tuna and Egg Macaroni Salad
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 onion (white or yellow) chopped
- Elbow pasta (1 box) cooked and cooled
- Sweet pickle (chopped) or sweet relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 a minced onion
- 1 head of finely chopped cabbage
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayo