Picnic recipes - 15 recipes
Thinking about heading out on a picnic? We have a large selection of dishes perfect for your next picnic!
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Picnic recipes
Cut eggs in half. Scoop out yolks and place in small bowl
- Hard boiled eggs peeled
- Miracle whip or mayonaise
- Dash worcershire
- Finely chopped chives
These Meat-Stuffed Turkish Crepes Are Like Homemade Hot Pockets, But Better
By Nadia Paprikas
Try something a little different today and make meat-stuffed Turkish crepes to snack on when hunger strikes. Try our simple-step-by-step recipe!
St.Julien's Creamy Potato Salad
Classic potato salad with a twist
- 6-8 lg potatoes
- 3 chopped boiled eggs
- 1 lg chopped onion
- 4 dill pickles
- 4 tbsp on canola oil
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of pickle juice
12 Steps To The Perfect Italian-Style Pasta Salad
By Pascale Weeks
What's summer without pasta salad? Easy to take on-the-go for picnics or barbecues, this Italian-style recipe is your new best friend.
Peel eggs & cut in half lengthways
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
100 No-Cook Recipes For Summer Heatwaves
When you just can't be bothered to turn on the oven or stove.
Russian Deviled Eggs with Caviar
By Gitanjali Roche
Slice the eggs in half. Scoop out the yolk, and mix in a bowl with the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and salt an...
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsbp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- To garnish:
- 2 ounces caviar
- chopped chives
Mom's Potato Salad
Boil potatoes until soft, then drain
- 1 pound of new potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 to 2 boiled eggs
- 4 slices of freshly cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- Half a cup of sour cream
Jess' Devilled Eggs
Hard boil eggs Peel eggs and slice in half Remove yolk Mix yolks with miracle whip Add mustard until desired ta
- Miracle Whip
- Yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper
Creamy Bell Pepper Pasta Salad
By CartoCreative, CartoCreative
In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain
- 1 package Rotini or Fusilli Pasta
- 1 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
Combine all into a bowl, mix with a fork
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped by hand (can use green or red cabbage)
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 radishes
- 1/3 cup carrot, choppped
- ¼ cup coleslaw dressing (or use mayonnaise, milk & a bit of sugar)
- Dash of lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: Boil 6 eggs for 5 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup creamy garlic & cheese dip/dressing
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (optional)
More Picnic recipes
Lunch Pasta Salad
- box of tri colored rotini 1 package shredded cheese 1 package peperoni 1 c chopped lunchmeat of your choice 1 c fresh cauliflower chopped 1 c fresh broccoli chopped 1 c shredded carrots 1 can small black olives drained 1 small jar green olives drained 1 c cherry tomatoes 1-2 bottles zesty Italian dressing
Summer Fresh Cold Pasta Salad
- 1-1 1/2 bxs of spiral pasta, 1 lg. Cucumber, 1-2 tomatoes., 2 crowns of broccoli, 1 onion and 1 green pepper. 1 btl. Italian dressing and 1/4 cup diced American cheese and 1/4 cup diced motzz cheese.
Tuna and Egg Macaroni Salad
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 onion (white or yellow) chopped
- Elbow pasta (1 box) cooked and cooled
- Sweet pickle (chopped) or sweet relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 a minced onion
- 1 head of finely chopped cabbage
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayo