Vegetaroa, Tahini Quinoa Salad
Gluten-free and nut-free, a delicious summer salad!
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 4 green onions
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- juice of 1.5 lemons
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- cup tamari
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from healthyeatingandliving.ca
Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
Wash and chop the vegetables.
To make the dressing, mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Mix the quinoa with the vegetables in a large salad bowl; top with the dressing and toss well to coat.
You'll also love
- Autumn Salad 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Quinoa Potato Cakes 2.8/5 (174 Votes)
- Armenian Potato Salad 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Fresh Salsa Pasta Salad 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Josh's Pizza Pizzas 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ahi Tuna Red Quinoa Salad 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!