36 stuffings that will take your burger from mediocre to mind-blowing
Although you might be used to eating bacon on top of your burger, why not try sticking it IN your meat patty for a surprising crunch and a warm, salty flavor that infuses the meat while cooking?
Pan-fry a few slices of bacon or turkey bacon until nicely crisped, and remove from skillet. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings. Add chopped onions, and cook until golden brown. Crumble the bacon, and mix with the onions. When constructing your burgers, form the meat into 8 thin patties. Top 4 patties with the bacon-onion mixture. Then place the remaining 4 patties on top, and pinch the edges together to seal.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!