How to make mini asparagus and Parmesan flans
Cook the asparagus
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Shave off 4 large flakes of Parmesan and grate the rest.
Cut off the asparagus tips, then immerse in salted boiling water for 2 minutes so that they're cooked but still crunchy.
Remove and set aside.
In the boiling water, add the asparagus stalks cut into 1 inch pieces, and cook for 8 minutes or until soft.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!